CrossFit is a fitness program that has been gaining popularity over the years. It is a high-intensity workout that involves various exercises, such as weightlifting, gymnastics, and cardio. One of the most popular CrossFit workouts is called Diane, which is a combination of deadlifts and handstand push-ups. In this article, we will discuss the Diane CrossFit workout, its benefits, and how you can unleash your inner athlete with this challenging yet rewarding exercise routine.
What is the Diane CrossFit Workout?
The Diane CrossFit workout is a high-intensity workout that combines deadlifts and handstand push-ups. The workout consists of 21-15-9 reps of deadlifts and handstand push-ups, with a weight of 225 pounds for men and 155 pounds for women. The goal is to complete the workout as fast as possible.
Benefits of the Diane CrossFit Workout
- Increased Strength: Deadlifts are one of the best exercises for building strength. They work the entire body, including the legs, back, and core. Handstand push-ups also build upper body strength, particularly in the shoulders and triceps.
- Improved Endurance: The high-intensity nature of the Diane CrossFit workout improves cardiovascular endurance. It requires a lot of energy and stamina to complete the workout.
- Burn Fat: CrossFit workouts, including Diane, are known to burn fat and help with weight loss. The combination of strength training and cardio helps to increase metabolism and burn calories.
How to do the Diane CrossFit Workout
- Deadlift: Begin with the weight on the ground, standing with your feet shoulder-width apart. Bend down and grip the bar with your hands just outside of your knees. Lift the weight by standing up and pushing your hips forward, keeping your back straight. Lower the weight back down to the ground and repeat.
- Handstand Push-Up: Start by kicking up into a handstand against a wall. Your hands should be shoulder-width apart, and your elbows should be locked out. Lower your head down to the ground by bending your elbows and then push back up.
- Diane CrossFit Workout: Complete 21 deadlifts followed by 21 handstand push-ups, then 15 deadlifts and 15 handstand push-ups, and finally 9 deadlifts and 9 handstand push-ups. Time yourself and try to beat your previous time.
Tips for the Diane CrossFit Workout
- Warm-Up: Before starting the workout, warm up your body with some stretching and light cardio. This will help to prevent injury and prepare your muscles for the intense workout.
- Use Proper Form: It’s essential to use proper form when doing the deadlifts and handstand push-ups. Keep your back straight during the deadlifts, and make sure your head touches the ground during the handstand push-ups.
- Start Slow: If you’re new to CrossFit, start slow and gradually increase the weight and intensity of the workout over time. It’s essential to listen to your body and avoid overdoing it.
The Diane CrossFit workout is a challenging yet rewarding exercise routine that can help you unleash your inner athlete. By combining deadlifts and handstand push-ups, you can increase strength, endurance, and burn fat. Just remember to warm-up properly, use proper form, and start slow if you’re new to CrossFit. With practice and dedication, you can master this workout and achieve your fitness goals.