Welcome to another weekly news round up. We’ve seen alien invasions, a few fun controversies, and footage that may have ruined Toy Story for us forever. Let’s get to it.
• GTA’s new Casino update is unavailable in more than 50 countries
Games continue to run afoul of differing regional approaches to gambling rules. Regulators are still making their minds up about loot box mechanics, but the combination of real money purchases and familiar casino games in this update seems to have gone against Rockstar in this case.
• China’s anti-addiction regulations put American game developers in an awkward moral situation
Steven continues to investigate the state of game publishing in China.
• Every Cyberpunk 2077 player gets exactly the same in-game content
In a world of platform-exclusive items and levels, this is welcome.
• Team Fortress 2’s hat economy has crashed. Whoops!
Rare items are flooding the market. Expect a fix of some sort soon.
• Aliens have invaded ARMA 3
First EVE Online, now this.
• Woody has been studying the blade with help from this Sekiro mod.
• A Total War community manager ends his final stream by calling a YouTuber a ‘dickhead’
A mic-drop moment from a now-former Creative Assembly employee, which has since apologised for his comments.
• The enormous JRPG Disgea is free this weekend
Bet you can’t complete it before Monday.
• A new Yakuza game will be announced next month
UK editor in chief Phil Savage will be a very happy man.